Our practice prides itself on producing projects that reflect a high level of commitment to good quality sustainable architecture and the positive benefits this brings to our Clients and the wider environment.
Our sustainability evaluation for a new building project typically includes:
- influence of the local landscape and topography
- ways to incorporate and adapt existing structures
- ways of enhancing biodiversity within the site
- building orientation and sunpath analysis
- sustainable methods of construction
- specification of suitable materials (recycled, renewable, recyclable, etc),
- thermal insulation envelope (‘fabric first’ strategies)
- inclusion of renewable / low energy technologies,
- natural light & low energy ventilation strategies
- SUDS and flood alleviation where applicable
- use of local suppliers, contractors and craftsmen.
We encourage our Clients to consider this approach and the major long-term advantages it can provide, both environmental and financial. We have a wealth of experience in delivering projects this way across a wide spectrum, from bespoke domestic extensions to large, multi-million pound school buildings.
We are also experienced in working successfully under different accredited environmental schemes such as BREEAM & Passivhaus.
Are you planning a project?
For a free initial discussion about your project, please contact us – we would be delighted to hear from you.